When attempting to do an action in Zephyr for JIRA Cloud, you receive the above error message and you cannot proceed.
This is likely caused by incorrect plugin permissions for your project.
Please review the below permissions checks to make sure everything is configured appropriately.
Zephyr for Jira Cloud requires certain permissions to be set in order for it to properly interact with the "Test" issue type.
Here are a few things to check to make sure permissions are correct:
1. The Zephy for Jira Addon user exists:
Navigate to Administration —> User Management and check for the user "addon_com.thed.zephyr.je"
2. The User addon_com.thed.zephyr.je should be a member of all the below groups.
- atlassian-addons or atlassian-addons-admin
3. The group "atlassian-addons-admin" has JIRA Administrators permission
- Navigate to Administration -> System -> Security -> Global Permissions
- Under permissions JIRA Administrators contains atlassian-addons-admin as a group
4. Project Role assigned for the Addon user "addon_com.thed.zephyr.je":
- Navigate to Administration —> System -> Security -> Roles
- Check the role atlassian-addons-project-access Cantains the User - addon_com.thed.zephyr.je as a member
5. Project Permission: Add the role to all permissions
- Navigate to Administration -> Projects -> <Select any Project> -> Administration -> Permissions
6. Add the role "atlassian-addons-project-access" to all project Permissions
If you find you're still having trouble after completing the above steps, please open a support case with us so we can work with you to get this issue resolved. Please be sure to include a screenshot of the error including the ID# as that is unique to you and the scenario in which this error occured.