Getting 401 error while making request to ZAPI Cloud using API's
You may get below exceptions when making ZAPI Cloud calls. These exceptions are due to invalid credentials passed.
org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException: Unexpected response status: 401
Check the below cause and rectify it to resolve the issue.
- Using JIRA URL instead of ZAPI Cloud URL, should not use the JIRA URL for making ZAPI Cloud requests. ZAPI Cloud and JIRA URL are different.
- AccessKey and JIRA username are correct as you see in JIRA
- Using the correct JWT token which is generated for a particular API. Each API has a separate JWT token.
- JWT token is generated for the correct API, the same API is used while making the request.
- Using the same API for which the JWT is generated while making request. JWT token should generated for the API after providing the values of parameters.
For Example :
- If you generate JWT for raw API and make request with param values included, you will get 401 exception.
- If you generate JWT token for an API and change the values in the API while making the request, you will get 401 exception.
- For API "https://test.zapicloud.com/connect/public/rest/api/1.0/cycle/?versionId=&projectId=" the JWT token is generated after providing the param values like "https://test.zapicloud.com/connect/public/rest/api/1.0/cycle/0001481885181917-242ac112-0001?versionId=10000&projectId=10000"
If the issue persists after checking all the above, please submit a case with us.